Thursday, February 20, 2014

Valentines Weekend


We had such a fun Valentines Weekend!  The kids had parties at school, on that Thursday.  That meant that they could not actually participate in the party, because we leave early on Thursdays for Jackson's therapy.  But they still brought fun treats for their friends!  And their sweet teachers made them a party plate, and after therapy, we picked up some pizza and they were able to go through all their fun goodies from their friends.
McKinley wore her Valentines outfit to school on Friday (actual Valentines) since she wasnt at the class party.  She is a big fan of outside time at school!

Then the kids had a slumber party with Honey and Papa.  It had been a while since they had spent quality time over there, so they were both very excited!  Jackson, has recently become obsessed with trains again. So he really loved playing with Honey and Papa's train tracks.

A slumber party at Honey and Papa's meant, Craig and I had a night at home ALL TO OURSELVES!  It was fantastic.  While I was waiting for him to get home, I just laid on the couch in total silence. It was divine. When he got home, we cooked dinner together.  We had picked up steak tips from the Meat House, so Craig prepared those. I made olive oil, lemon, garlic roasted cauliflower, garlic butter roasted mushroom, and a warm bacon spinach salad.  It was all super yummy.  We were so full, we did not even end up making dessert.  After, we watched some shows on Hulu, went to bed and slept late.  It was perfect!!!!

Saturday afternoon, my sister in law, Reese and I drove to Norman to do some shopping at the JBF sale and had dinner at Chuys.  I love spending time with her.  Ward picked a good one.  :)

Sunday, Craig preached at a local church.  Jackson was excited for church.  :)  It was a great morning of worship!  That afternoon, I did my cleaning etc, since I basically took Friday night and Saturday off!  :)

Monday, Jackson got sick at school.  BOO. I am SO SICK OF SICK SEASON!  So, I was only able to work half a day.  But we had a good afternoon at home.

Hopefully we are all on the mend (for a good long while), and will be ready to celebrate Jackson's FIFTH birthday this weekend!  CRAZY!

0 comments: