Friday, July 20, 2012

Sometimes He Surprises Us

On Wednesday night, Jackson was supposed to be sleeping.  But Craig was mowing our backyard.  I was back in our bedroom entering items for the upcoming JBF sale, when I started hearing "HI DADDY!!!!!"  followed by loud smooching noises.  I went into Jackson's room and he was imbetween his blinds and his window, yelling at his dad, and blowing him kisses. 

I decided to let him come back to our room and watch "So You Think You Can Dance" with me.  I had my facebook pulled up, and he saw our family picture.  So he started saying "hi baby" and kissed the computer screen.  :)  He LOVES his sister. 

So I clicked through and he saw this picture (above), and he said "thats my birthday candle" and I said something like "you are right buddy" and he looked at me and said "that was the best birthday EVER" and then leaned over and said "thank you mommy" and gave me a huge hug. 

Since we have been working so hard on Jackson's communication.. this little conversation was just TOO GREAT!  It made my night!

Then, on Thursday morning.. I was getting ready to leave the house for work.  I was telling him goodbye, and he said "I like your outfit mommy".  How cute is that!  I said to him "you like mommy's outift?" and he got embarrassed and kind of hit behind his blanket.  Sweet sweet boy.

It reiterates to us, he knows a WHOLE lot more than he is letting on.  :)  But we are definitely enjoying Jackson's new verbal skills!