Monday, March 12, 2012

Jackson's Bubbles and Balloons 3rd Birthday Party

My sweet little boy turned THREE years old! I really struggled with a theme for his 3rd birthday party. But back in September, I was going through the 1 spot at Target and found some BIG bubble wands.. and it hit me. We would do a Bubbles and Balloons birthday party. Jackson loves both, and I thought I could find some cute ideas for decorations. I found an invitation that I liked on pinterest, and talked with my cousin, Laura. And she helped come up with this ADORABLE invitation. Inside the balloon was all the information about the party! I love the way it turned out!


I ordered a birthday sign from Shindigz and we had a bubble machine going at the front door when guests arrived.

The food table!
I made rice krispie treat cupcakes, or "cupcakes that pop" for dessert.

We had fruit bubbles or grapes.. since they are round like balloons or bubbles. :)

We also had donut holes or "pop 'ems". These were definitely a crowd favorite. :)
The party was at 10, so we also had corn pops!



To drink, we had "kid friendly bubbly" or a punch that is supposed the best punch EVER per pinterest.
For decorations- I found 3 3 foot cream balloons that we hung from the arch that separates our living room from our dining room. We then bought helium tanks from Hobby Lobby (with 40% off coupons), and blew up 70 + cream balloons to cover our dining room ceiling with cream curling ribbons hanging from the balloons. We also blew up 50 green polka dot balloons to cover the living room floor... balloons= constant entertainment for kiddos.
For the party favors- like I mentioned I found big bubble wands at the 1 spot at Target. And then wrapped popcorn kernels up for the adults. And they had the choice of either Parmesan Garlic or Milk Chocolate Marshmallow flavorings for the toppings.


We have had a relatively warm winter, and the day of Jackson's birthday party was no exception. It was a nice day for the kids to run around and play outside.

And Jackson loved looking at himself in his mirror in his room playing with the green balloons.
We tried to sing happy birthday to him in the living room with everyone, but he got embarrassed and cried until we let him go back to his room. So he blew his candle out in his bedroom. :)

One of my favorite things that I have done since Jackson's 1st birthday, is I have hired Photos by Esther to come to our parties. She is absolutely fantastic. And she is able to get the cutest pictures. And I do not have to worry about a thing. I work hard to make the parties special for Jackson, and she does a great job of capturing all the details and special moments.


Most importantly, Jackson had a BALL! Our family is so blessed with family and friends who love and support our family! Thank you for everyone who came and made the day such a special memory!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Super cute party! I love the idea of hiring a photographer--might have to copy you at our next little lady's shindig!

Unknown said...

Adorable! I'm using the same theme for my daughters birthday and came across your blog. I absolutely LOVE your food and beverage choices - I may have to copy.