Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful for...

Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 1 Thesselonians 5:8

This has been a year that has been quite difficult to live out this verse.

But, looking back over the year, even through all the pain, hurt, fear and saddness, I am overwhelmed with thankfulness.

My family experienced God's grace in ways that I could not even begin to imagine.

I look at my marriage and am thankful for love, support, perseverance and understanding.

I look at Jackson and am thankful for a sweet spirit, a loving child, a energetic little boy with a huge sense of humor.

I look at McKinley and am thankful for healing, a thriving healthy baby, a precious smile and laugh, and a perfect way to complete our family.

I look at my parents and am thankful for their love, generosity and support.

I look at ALL of my family on every side and am thankful to be a part of such rich traditions of loving our Lord and making family a priority.

I look at my girlfriends and am thankful for their advice, their love, their laughs.

I look at McKinley's doctors/surgeons and I am thankful for their wisdom, their abilities and their tender hearts.

I look at social media and I am thankful for a way to connect with other mothers who have walked the same walk that I have/am, it helps ease the lonely feeling when trying to figure out the best way to handle a sick child.

I look at Jackson and McKinley's babysitter, Sarah, and I am thankful for the way that she loves my children, like they are her own, that I NEVER have to worry that they are not being cared for.

I look at my job, and am thankful for an opportunity to have "adult" time, and to be able to add to our family's income.

I look at Craigs new job, and am thankful for a new opportunity, even if it is not perfect, that he is able to expand his skills and continue to excel.

I look at our home, and am thankful for a roof over our heads and a place to keep my family safe and warm.

So. So. So. So. much to be thankful for. Thank you Jesus for my many blessings.

0 comments: