Thursday, November 17, 2011

Picnic

Last weekend, we were watching football and I really didnt feel like cooking anything. However, Craig and I dont LOVE going out to dinner with 2 kiddos under the age of 3. For some reason, its just not as enjoyable. :) I always worry that we are bothering people. And if we are going to go out and spend money on a dinner, I definitely want us to enjoy it. Plus, we were all already comfy, in our pajamas. So, we decided to use a gift card we had, and get take out from Olive Garden. Craig and I each ordered what we wanted and we figured Jackson could just eat off our our dinners. While Craig was out picking up our dinner, Jackson and I decided it would be fun to have a picnic on our living room floor! We had so much fun!!!



Although, Jackson wanted NOTHING to do with our pasta. He was 100% content eating salad from the big bucket. He was in heaven.

Jackson is one of the only kids I know that prefers any type of salad over any other kind of food. He just cant get enough!

Isnt he the cutest?!

He even ate the purple onions.. he is my child. :)

I guess eating with his fork and fingers just wasnt fast enough.. he needed that salad!

Jackson thinks picnics in the living room with his family are pretty great. I think we will be doing this more often this winter!

He tried the banana pepper! He took a small bite and must have thought it tasted ok, because then he took a big bite.. it was not quite what he was expecting. He made a shocked face and took the pepper out of his mouth, then showed it to Craig and I and said "flower". Sweet boy.
We sure love this little boy! And his good eating habits! :)

4 comments:

Emily said...

You guys are a cute little family. I 100%% understand about take-out versus dinner with the kids.

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

Hilarious! I love that he stuck his whole head in the salad bowl... Too funny!!!!!

Erin said...

Ooh, such a fun, inside idea!

mgoff said...

Daisy loves salad also! SO Funny!