Monday, November 14, 2011

5 Month Weight Check

This pretty girl, although not 5 months quite yet, had her 5 month weight check today. I was anxious.. although I felt like she was growing, she has also been spitting up alot too. So I was not sure what the scale would say.. and then, I had no idea how our pedi would react.

WELL... my big girl weighs 11 lbs 3 oz!!!!!!! She has doubled her birth weight, plus some! She is not quite on the growth chart yet, but she is getting there! Dr. Jackson was pleased, and wasnt even worried about her spitting up. She said something about the sphincter (spell? ha!) covering her stomach maybe (Im really not sure), is not completely developed, meaning it still flops open. So it is kind of like an open bottle. If she jostles around, it can just come right back up. This is evidently pretty common. And she should outgrow it around 6 months.

She gave me the go ahead to put rice cereal in her bottles and even let McKinley try veggies! Well, she said fruits or veggies. But I have this whole thought process about foods.. whether or not there is science behind my thoughts, it worked with Jackson.. so I am going to do the same thing with McKinley.

We also went over her D.R.Y. skin.. which is something that I really didnt have to deal with, with Jackson. So, I have a few things we are going to try. We will see!

She was also very impressed with McKinley's developmental milestones. Which also pleased me, I was a bit concerned with that as well!

So overall, it was a GREAT appointment. I am feeling much relieved about McKinley's weight.. we just have to keep going in this direction!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Danielle, She is just SO pretty. She looks a lot like your little boy, but just a more girly, dainty version. They are both so cute.

Leslie said...

YAY! So glad she had a good appointment. Riggins was a big time spitter-upper too, and although it wasn't concerning because of weight like I'm sure it is for you with McKinley, it sure does get annoying to constantly have spit up on yourself! I feel your pain!!! He did it until 9 months and then it gradually eased up.

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

YAY!!! What a great appointment!!! GO McKinley!!!

mgoff said...

YEA Mckinley! Let me know how the cradle cap goes--Hudson's is getting worse by the day!