Thursday, May 5, 2011

McKinley Update 30 Weeks 4 Days

Today, we got to see McKinley Beth again! As I have experienced in the past, the day before her appointment, I found myself very anxious and alittle nervous.. although excited to see her. I find that I get really nervous that they are going to find something else wrong that they hadn't before. Combine that, with that I called the OU NICU to set up an appointment to tour, so that we would be prepared.. I made myself REALLY sick last night. I went to bed by 5:40, and by 8 pm, I was SICK. I felt alittle better this morning, but was really lethargic.

But as soon as we saw her, I felt 100% better. She looked GREAT!!!! She was a bit shy.. she kept her arms and her feet up by her face! Our ultrasound tech did a great job though and was able to get her to move just enough to get good pictures.




She is measuring 30 weeks 4 days. And is weighing 3.6 lbs. Her heart, kidneys, lip and brain were all looking good. Just like they should be. Dr. Stanley was able to point out that she has hair(I would sure think so, if the old wives tale of heartburn is true!). Her omphalocele was measuring 3.5 cm. So still VERY small. He was able to take a better look at it, and said he thinks that it is bowels that are outside of the body. He did not mention thinking it was a gastroscesis again. However, he did say, "well we will know a whole lot more once she is here". Yes, yes we will.




And for the happiest news of all (look at that SMILE!), we get to meet our daughter June 21st!!!!!!!!! One day before my 30th birthday!!! She will be QUITE the perfect birthday present!! I am so thankful for this date.. I have mentioned before that I really do not want to go into labor with her. Jackson's due date was March 6th and he came February 21st on his own. And since I really believe my due date of July 13th is off, I feel comfortable with the 21st.


We have to be there at 5:30 am on the 21st and the C-Section will start at 7:30 am. We dont know the date of her surgery, but hopefully it will be within 3 days. As long as everything stays the same, and there are no surprises, she should not have to have emergency surgery. Thats my prayer.


I start going to the doctor every 2 weeks now, and will have a stress test done each time. I asked what that was- all I pictured, was them putting me on a treadmill. Ha! Evidently that is not the case! They just want to monitor her heartbeat.. I appreciate that!


Its getting REALLY REALLY real. Please please please keep praying for our baby girl. We are so in love.

8 comments:

Jenn and Ryan Tupps said...

Oh that SMILE!!! Warms my heart!

Tracy said...

Yay! I love those fun ultrasound pictures! I can't wait to see her and watch her journey outside the womb. Also, I had non-stress tests done at the end of my pregnancy and they were very reassuring; you will probably enjoy it. (Though I don't know if that's the same thing as a stress test; maybe it's the same....idk.) Thanks for keeping us updated!!

Anonymous said...

I had to do the stress test thing with the twins. Bring a good book! Lots of laying around with a monitor strapped to your belly! The hardest part is finding a comfy position.

Erin said...

So glad for a good appointment! Love the smiling baby girl...! :)

Kendra said...

precious baby! still praying and will continue to do so.

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

oh she is SO cute!!! you are getting so many good pictures of that sweet little girl!!! Glad everything went well!!!
June 21st is NOT far away!!!

Marisa said...

I can't believe that she will be here so soon!! So excited! She and Syd are going to be so close, and such good buddies :)

Charla said...

Those pics are amazing! I had Bronson the day before my 30th bday...so good memories of turning 30 with my precious newborn. Glad to hear all good news! charla