Monday, September 27, 2010

Fall Centerpiece

Last year, we got a fabulous new dining room table. For free. F.R.E.E.Remember it, its HUGE. Its long. Its wide. But its PERFECT for our lifestyle. We have the opportunity to entertain so much, our little table that sat 4 just was not adequate. We were saving (slowly) for a new dining room table... so when mom called us saying they had one for free.. and described how big it was, I honestly could care less how it looked, I knew I wanted it. And knew I could work with it.

One thing that has been difficult for me, is finding a centerpiece that is big enough for the size of the table, without spending a fortune. I was blog reading one day, and saw a blog where a girl had a round coffee table and she had a thick round mirror in the middle, and then she had fun accessories on the mirror. I loved that concept. Then as I was continuing to read other blogs, I found a small rectangle table with a small mirror in the middle, again with accessories on the mirror. It looked really nice. I remembered seeing something that I thought might be able to work at my parents house....
It is a long mirror that was on the back of my door at my parents house. They didnt need it anymore.. and it was the PERFECT length for the table. I covered it with some leftover Christmas wrapping paper.. and took it outside and spray painted it Champagne Nouveau (Krylon).
I had the silver pedestal bowl (which I LOVE), I bought the white candles from the Basket Market in the city, got some fall beads from Hobby Lobby and put some real pumpkins and gourds in the bowl. I LOVE it. And I LOVE that it will be so easy to change out over the different seasons. And its to scale. Happiness!!!

9 comments:

Missy said...

That looks AWESOME!

Megan said...

I want to make one now!

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness! It looks so great!!!!

Dara Steward said...

As I would say to Evan, "That's awesome, not a possum!" Well done, crafty friend!

Leslie said...

So pretty! Great idea!

Jennifer said...

You are on a roll my friend! Love the table : )

The Heskew Happenings said...

Girl look at you!! U so crafty! I love it!

coco said...

how schmancy! so creative but looks like a million bucks!

Marisa said...

I LOVE this!!! So crafty Dan!