Thursday, April 22, 2010

Mrs. Oklahoma 2010

On Saturday night, I got to experience something TOTALLY new. I went with my high school friends to support our friend, Alyssa, in the Mrs. Oklahoma 2010 pageant.

Remember, the blog I wrote about my friend who was raising support for her daughter with Cystic Fibrosis? If not, it is here, and good news... you can still buy a cookbook! BUT, Alyssa decided to enter the Mrs. Oklahoma pageant, thinking that if she won, it would give her even more of an opportunity to educate and bring awareness about Cystic Fibrosis.

As her friends, we were SURE she was going to win. Not only is she beautiful, but her platform was so real and genuine. Surely the judges were going to see that.
Well, Saturday, we all went to Guthrie and had a yummy dinner at Granny Had One and then went to the masonic temple for the pageant. I was nervous. I wanted her to win. (Alyssa is the pretty one with the dark hair in the white dress)

The pageant was interesting. They had an opening number and then they had the swimsuit competition. After that, they cut it down to the top 10 (from 12). Alyssa was the last name that they called. I seriously thought I was going to pee in my pants. But she made top ten. Then they had the evening gown competition. From that, they went to the Top 5. Alyssa was the FIRST name that they called this time. Whew! Then it was time for the question. Alyssa was the first person who answered the question, and she did AWESOME. It was the perfect question for her to be able to educate about her platform, of Cystic Fibrosis. She answered best, BY FAR. They gave away a million prizes.. and then came time for the winner. Thats right, my friends, Alyssa won. She is Mrs. Oklahoma! I am so proud of her! She has been making such a difference already with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, and now she will be able to educate and raise even more funds! I am so excited for her!

Congrats friend!!

1 comments:

Alyssa Siler said...

Awwwwww! Thanks so much for your support! It meant so much to have you girls there!