Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thanksgiving Feast at School

Today at school, Jackson had his first Thanksgiving dinner. Half of the kids had to dress up like Pilgrims and the other half had to dress up like Indians. My super pale skinned child had to be an Indian, based on where our last name fell in the alphabet. I thought about buying a costume, but then realized that would probably not be a wise use of our funds, so I decided to put my new desire to be crafty into effect. So I made the head dress. After it was complete, I wasnt so sure he was going to look like an Indian.. maybe more like a turkey. But regardless, it had to do with Thanksgiving. But I do think it turned out pretty cute! :)
This lady in our church, offered to make all the food. It was awesome!! She did a really great job. She even made super cute little jello jigglers for all the kids in the shapes of turkeys. Jackson didnt get to eat that, but he did eat this pink salad stuff that she made. He LOVED it. He couldnt get enough!!! He loved the mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes and even the dressing.

Jackson's Honey was able to come down to celebrate with Jackson. We loved having her there! I hadnt told Jackson that his Honey was coming, and when she got there, he got REALLY excited!!

We are headed down to Dallas this weekend to celebrate with my dad's side of the family! So it will be Jackson's first Dallas Thanksgiving. I am sure I will have pictures to document! :)

7 comments:

KillerB said...

That little smile of his is SOOO precious! (PS--Good job on your craft!)

Erin said...

Cute little guy! Very crafty! :)

Unknown said...

Such a sweet little indian!! Love it!

mgoff said...

What a cute little indian! What a good mommy for making his costume!

Julie said...

LOVE that first picture!

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

he looks so cute!! !LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

My favorite food at my family's Thanksgiving meal is pink salad... I wonder if it's the same thing?!