Sunday, November 29, 2009

Its Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas...

Craig and I have had a lot of fun decorating our house for Christmas. This is actually our first Christmas in our own home together! Last year, we had a house, with all of our furniture, but we were living with my parents. So because we havent had to decorate a home before, we had ZERO decorations. I had a small Christmas tree that I had in my apartment, but that was it. So like our fall decorations, we will be adding each year.

We started by just wrapping our columns with lights and hung a wreath on the door.
I was fully prepared to buy a wreath from Hobby Lobby (at half price of course) for Christmas. But I did not like ANY of them. At all. So, since I am wanting to become a little bit more crafty (which I have NEVER been crafty.. so alittle bit isnt much.. ha!), I found this wreath and LOVED it. I read this tutorial, and figured it didnt seem to hard. I found the ornaments at Walmart, and my dad turned a wire hanger into a perfect circle for me. Mom and I put the wreath together on Thanksgiving. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!
Our Christmas tree! I love it!!! My parents bought a new Christmas tree this year, so they gave us theirs! Which was such a blessing! Christmas trees are expensive.. even at half price! I found the Christmas tree skirt at Hobby Lobby (of course), and bought our ornaments (golds, browns, and greens) at Sams. I love the way that it turned out. Simple.. but coordinated. Love it.
I really like the way our mantel turned out!! Mom found the ornament garland at Target! It is perfect! Our mantel is 8 feet long, so we had alot of space to decorate! It turned out pretty and simple! And I love our stockings that I bought from Pottery Barn this summer! I did buy an extra one (just in case!) :)
Our dining room! We went with silvers in this room. I think it turned out well too! We bought the silver trees last year to help decorate our youth workers Christmas party. And the silver pedestal is filled with the silver ornaments that I had decorated my Christmas tree with in my apartment. Mom made me the wreath for my first OKC house. And we just added some garland to the china cabinet. I did buy the silver sparkly stars to hang from the chandelier!!

For Jackson's bathroom, we went alittle bit more "fun!" I grew up with this toilet seat cover at my parents house, and always loved it. Mom let us have it! I know that Jackson will think its fun (when he realizes what it is). Who would have thought a toilet seat cover would help someone decide how to decorate a room? It happened this time! :)Jackson has his own Christmas tree!! This was my tree from my single life! :) One of the traditions at my house growing up, was my brother and I would get an ornament each year to represent something important that happened in our life that year! We went ahead and put those ornaments on Jackson's tree this year.
But we also decided that we wanted to continue this tradition with Jackson! This is his first ornament. :)

I love this time of the year!!

9 comments:

Leslie said...

Looks great! Another great place to shop when you are trying to build up your Christmas decor is Garden Ridge...I got TONS of great stuff their last year a few weeks before Christmas for 50-75% off!

Alyssa Siler said...

Everything looks so pretty! I like the idea of different themes in each room. Hayden has a little tree in her room too and she loves it! I let her put the ornaments on all by herself now so they are all in one clump on one side of the tree. Oh well! She loves it!

Erin said...

I love when the Christmas decor posts start up! So beautiful! :)

KillerB said...

Looks lovely, Danielle. This year I got some clear ornaments from Michael's for half-off and stuck very natural looking earth-toned feathers and gold glittered twigs inside the balls. It was SO easy, but it dressed up my tree and gave my ornaments some depth. Just sharing in case you feel crafty again any time soon! :)

Dara Steward said...

LOVE your decorations! You guys went all out. It looks great! It's such a sweet time of year!

Jenn and Ryan Tupps said...

Your wreath is gorgeous! I wish I was more crafty! Maybe someday...

Unknown said...

So pretty!! - Shara

mckenziegordon said...

LOVE that wreath you made! It looks great and super professional! It all looks great. My mom always got us ornaments too, well she still does. But it always made getting the decorations out so fun to look through and remember. Such a sweet tradition!

Musings Of My World... said...

Danielle, your decorations all look so pretty! I loved that wreath so much, I went and bought the supplies tonight and made it! Thanks so much for the link to the tutorial.