Sunday, May 10, 2009

52 Week Challenge/Week Three

Happy Mothers Day!!! I can not even believe that I am a mommy this year!! Craig and Jackson made it a really special day for me! And for Jackson to be so young, he sure is a good shopper! He knew his mommy's favorite perfume ever! Thanks boys!!!

We took Jackson to the nursery today for the first time. He was a little fussy (I think he is growing, because he is wanting to take way more naps.. and he started eating more again), so I figured the nursery workers could deal with him better than I could in the cry room. From what they told us, he did great there too! Such a big boy! We found out today in church that a new perspective pastor is coming in view of a call June 7th! YAY! After church, I had my heart set on breakfast food for lunch (it was rainy and pretty cold), but by the time the pastor who was preaching today let us out.. the place we were going was VERY busy. After alot of pouting (sometimes, I can be ridiculous), we ended up at our new favorite Mexican place in Moore. It was pretty good... Jackson slept the whole time, so that was nice. I always stress that he is going to cry and make the dining experience not pleasurable for the rest of the restaurant. And you never know the mood of a baby...it can change in an instant. But he did GREAT!

We went home and fed him and changed his diaper, he spit up alittle while we were doing this, but I hadnt gotten any pictures with him in his outfit for Mothers Day. So we took pictures, spit up and all.
He is still learning that you are supposed to smile in all pictures, ESPECIALLY pictures where mommy is giving you a kiss! :)

After changing out of our spit up clothes, we practiced sitting up like a big boy! He thought it was ALOT of fun!!
And once we "got it", we concentrated very hard to make sure we stayed sitting like a big boy! Seriously, I love this little boy!

4 comments:

mckenziegordon said...

enjoy this special day! He's a cutie.

Alyssa Siler said...

Yay! I'm so happy to find your blog! Jackson is sooo precious! Happy 1st Mother's Day!

Dara Steward said...

Gosh, Dan. He's getting SO cute. He's just changing and growing so fast. I think he's looking a little more like you these days, though still a lot like his dad. I hope you'll bring him for breakfast on Saturday! Evan is hanging with his Papa, I think. So I should be flying solo! Woo hoo! Love ya.

Unknown said...

such great pictures!!! you're a beautiful mommy and jackson is so precious!