Sunday, May 10, 2009

52 Week Challenge/ Week Two

April 19th was Craig and I's first anniversary! We were not able to celebrate that weekend because it was also the weekend of our church's Disciple Now Weekend. So the we had to wait until the last weekend in April to celebrate (which was fine!). My parents offered to keep Jackson through the night so that we could go out and have a nice dinner and most importantly, sleep through the night! What a wonderful gift! It was surprisingly easy to leave Jackson that night. I think it was because I knew that he was staying with two people that love him almost as much as Craig and I love him. And that he would be in good hands. I was most worried about my parents and how they would do with him waking up during the night!
Craig and I went to the Melting Pot for dinner. This is normally our Valentines Day ritual, but he had to speak at a Disciple Now in Tulsa that weekend, so we were not able to go. (Again, that was fine.. I was VERY pregnant and eating that much food really was not something that sounded too appetizing at the time!) So, since we werent able to go on Valentines Day, we thought this would be the perfect place to celebrate our anniversary. And it was! We had a great time!

We had planned to just go back home and sleep uninterrupted. But, Craig had accumulated some points, so we were able to stay at a hotel for free in OKC. It was great! I slept 10 straight hours! Aaaah! So nice! But I was VERY ready to get back home and see my little boy!

We were able to spend some quality time with my parents and with jackson, before we had to get ready for our next exciting event of the weekend! We were going to dinner with my brother and his fantastic girlfriend, Reese! And we were getting to meet her family!


We took Jackson to visit his Uncle Kurt and Aunt Amy, while we had a fantastic time meeting Reese's parents! Her dad is really funny and her mom is very pretty!!! You know I am a hugger, and Reese had told me before that her dad really likes his personal space. And after the dinner, I was feeling so comfortable with them, I almost hugged him. :) But then I remembered what she said about his space! But, we hope that we can spend more time with them soon!

Here are a couple more cute pictures from Jackson this week!
He's our little handsome man!

And he is VERY happy!!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

i love the handsome man shirt. he is a cutie!

Shara said...

What is this 52 week challenge??