Friday, February 6, 2009

Since My Last Blog

Since my last blog. We moved.

Thats right. We moved. In an ice storm. And when I say "we", I mean, Craig and a few of his friends. Ice Storm 09. I would say that I would rather move during an ice storm than be in labor during an ice storm. So if mother nature would just oblige, and be done icing until at least Jackson is home safe and sound.

We have been in our new house for about a week and a half. We love it. It is beautiful. And every day it is becoming more and more like home. Only thanks to everyone who has been helping me. My husband, my mom and my dad have been absolutely wonderful.

When I first found out that I was pregnant, I decided that pregnancy was going to change who I was... it was going to make it less uptight and way more laid back. And if you asked my husband, he would probably tell you that has not happened. However, I do think I have been laid back in some situations, where I would normally have been uptight. But a definite way that pregnancy has changed my personality, is it took away my independence. I am completely co-dependent.

So while moving, I need help. I have not been able to do it by myself. I see everything that needs to be done, and instead of getting it done, I get overwhelmed and cry. Basically, I have needed someone there to get me started and we can get it done.

Last Saturday, a few of my wonderful friends hosted the most beautiful baby shower for Jackson. Pictures to come. Jackson received some beautiful things! He is one blessed little boy! That evening, I was able to celebrate my good friend from high school, Kelli's birthday.

And that night, I got SICK! I mean, I felt like I could die... SICK. Getting sick, while 9 months pregnant is extremely stressful. I could not stay hydrated. I was scared to death that I was not only going to get in trouble by my doctor on Monday, but that I was going to force myself into early labor.

My doctors appointment Monday went well. I was dialated to a one and 50% effaced. Craig won the bet. I bet that I wasnt even dialated. He thought I would be at a 1. He won. And I didnt get in trouble for being sick. She just told me to make sure and come back in, if I thought I was going into labor. Check.

I was miserably sick until Thursday. That is a LONG time when I am trying to get a house ready in three weeks for a baby.

Tonight is Friday. I am back in Edmond with my mom. Craig is at a Disciple Now in Tulsa. I am a little nervous about staying by myself. Not that I think Jackson is coming too soon... but I didnt want to be by myself if he did decide to grace us with his presence. But Mom and I got a TON done in our house the past couple of days. Our house is becoming a home, and I love it even more. Pictures to come.

If Jackson will just give me ONE more week, I will be ready and he can come.

Even though, the idea of "going into" labor is kinda starting to freak me out. Not the pain or having the baby. I am ok with all of that. I am sure the pain will be much more than I can even fathom. But, its more the idea of me just going along in life.. or sleeping.. and going into labor. Having to stop everything and go. I hear that I will definitely KNOW when I am in labor. Thats a good thing... I wonder. I am VERY conscious about how I am feeling these days.. its a good thing, along it makes me somewhat crazy too...

He will be here soon. And I will officially be a mom. WOW!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Wow, you guys have been so busy!!! The finish line is in sight, though, and you can make it! :)

Christi said...

We just can't wait to meet the little guy/see pictures. I hope you're able to keep up your blog once Jackson is hear. It's so fun to know what's going on in your lives!

Kent & Kayla said...

I can't believe how close you are! I hope everything goes well! Can't wait to see pics. :)