Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentines Day (tomorrow) to my wonderful husband! It is our first Valentines Day being married. And our last Valentines Day without a child! :) We were able to celebrate last night, because he is speaking at a Disciple Now in Jenks. I would normally go, however, I am not allowed to leave OKC. We definitely enjoyed our time together last night! Beautiful pink roses and a yummy yummy dinner!!! I am one lucky girl.

I have seen this quiz a few places and thought it would be appropriate for this holiday! :)

What are your middle names? Ward and Thomas

How long have you been together? We started dating in May of 2007, dated 6 months, got engaged November 2007 and were engaged for 5 months, getting married in April 2008. So, I guess that makes a total of... 1 year and 9 months.

How long did you know each other before you started dating? Well, I first met Craig my junior year in high school at Super Summer. He was a team leader in the yellow school that I was in. It was called Planet Holywood. He doesnt really remember that year at all. Hmmm. He was in a group of other leaders and youth that referred to themselves as "The White Boys". They had a hand shake and a dance. I thought they were so cool. He remembers meeting me more at Disciple Nows that he led at FBC Edmond. But, we did not like eachother then. I just thought he was alot of fun and REALLY funny. We lost touch for like 10 years before reconnecting over facebook.

Who asked who out? I guess that would be him. He asked me to be his "friend" on facebook. I was so excited when I saw his name.... I automatically sent him a message without looking at any of his information. After I pressed send on the email, I thought, "oh my goodness, what if he is married". (Not that I said anything inappropriate... but still). We emailed back and forth some that afternoon. He told me that I should give him my number, so that when he came back to visit his brother in OKC, we could meet up. So I gave him my number. He was having youth over for a Bible Study that night in Hot Springs. He told me he was going to have to tell the kids that he got my number. I told him, he could only brag, if he used the number. We texted the entire night! And then had a 3 hour conversation after his Bible Study, and after I watched Bachelor. He came to OKC the next weekend for our first date.

How old were each of you when you met? I was a junior in high school, so 17... and he was 23.

How old are each of you now? I am 27. He is 34.

How long did you date before becoming engaged? Oops I answered this earlier. 6 months.

How tall are each of you? I am 5'3" and he is 6'

Whose siblings do you see the most? We probably see Craig's oldest brother and my brother pretty equally. We all live in the OKC area. We probably see Craig's middle brother the least. He lives in Enid.

Do you have any children together? Not yet! But, that will change within the next week and a half!

What about pets? We do have a precious yorkie. His name is Raley. Raley was mine. But we were a package deal. So Craig has a cute yorkie named Raley too.

Did you go to the same school? We both went to OBU, but at different times.

Are you from the same hometown? Nope. I'm from Edmond. And he is from Enid.

Who is the smartest? Hands down. My husband. He is a sponge. He knows everything. Things that are important and things that are not important (like trivia). I am telling you.. a sponge!

Who is the most sensitive? Thats hard! Sensitive as emotional... definitely me. Sensitive as compationate.. definitely him. He has a great heart.

Where do you eat out most as a couple? We love to eat out together. Both of us could eat Mexican every day of the week. But, if we were honest about where we have eaten out the most since we have been in Newcastle.. probably Chili's.... everyone we go out with wants to go there.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple? Maui, Hawaii. For our honeymoon. It was fantastic. Although, I had a slight nervous breakdown on the way out there.

Who does the cooking? We both do. It is something we both enjoy. He is a VERY good cook.

Who is more social? Thats a toss up. We are both pretty social. He has to be with his job. BUT, he really has a gift to be friends with all age groups and all types of people. I am pretty outgoing. And definitely cherish friendships!

Who is the neat-freak? Neither one of us falls into that category.

Who hogs the bed? He does. I stay in my little space.. he moves around. Although, he would probably disagree and say that I am the one that hogs the covers. But that is really not true.

Who wakes up earlier? He does, normally. He gets up to go and work out every morning. I do not.

Who has the bigger family? We definitely stay in contact with more people from my family.

How do you spend the holidays? We are definitely blessed in this area. My parents live in Edmond, and his brother lives in OKC, so we are able to spend every holiday with both sides of the family. It is really wonderful.

Who is more jealous? Probably me. I can get REALLY jealous of Craig's time. He never gives me a reason to be jealous of any other area. His job is not a 9-5. It is ongoing. I knew this when I fell in love. But I can still be really jealous of his time.

Do you have little pet names for each other? Not all the time. Sometimes I call him honey and sometimes he calls me babe. But we normally dont.

How long did it take to get serious? Not very long at all for either one of us. I knew after our first conversation that something was REALLY different about him. And then after our first date, that was confirmed. But it wasnt until he went to Peru in June, that we both realized that we could not live without eachother.

Who eats more? Well, my husband is extremely disciplined and is following his diet. And I am pregnant and love food. So, I would say that I probably eat more at this point. BUT, in a week and a half when this baby is out of my stomach, I will NOT be eating like I am now. I too, will be disciplined.

Who sings better? Hands down. My husband. He has a beautiful voice. Even though he likes to joke sing alot... which I can join in on... because I can NOT sing at all. But when he really sings, he sings. He is GOOD.

Who’s older? Craig.

Who does the dishes? He probably does the dishes more than I do. He is such a great helper. But I do the dishes too sometimes.

Who snores? I snore. Especially when I am tired. Or sick. But Craig breathes. Loud.

Who’s better with the computer? He is more technologically savvy than I am.

Who drives? He drives when we drive together the majority of the time. But there are times when he gets really frustrated with the constant nagging (by me) while he is driving. It is a wonder he can get around without me. :)

Who kissed who first? He kissed me on my couch in my house in OKC on our date.

Who eats more sweets? Probably me.

3 comments:

Kent & Kayla said...

i think i just might steal this idea from you! ;)

Pascha said...

hope you had fun with your hubby for valentines day! Enjoy your last few days before jackson gets here, get some sleep!!

Craig Smith said...

Attention Danielle's Blog Readers: Whenever you read her blogs and stumble across the word "probably" just go ahead and make the mental edit of substituting the word "absolutely" in its place.