Friday, December 19, 2008

Leg Cramps

Pregnancy Symptoms. I hear about alot. I have experienced some.

All the ladies at my church have warned me about the horrible leg cramps that they would get towards the end of their pregnancy. They would just talk to me about how miserable they were. I had not experienced any. So I figured that I just wasnt going to. That was one symptom that I would not have.

WELL.. approximately 4 am this morning, I woke up to the most horrible pain in my left calf. OH. MY. GOODNESS. I jumped out of bed... it hurt so bad. With the largeness of my stomach, it is not the easiest thing in the world to bend over, let alone bend over backwards to massage my calf. I kept whispering Craigs name to try and get him to help me. He slept. It wasnt until I had somehow worked it out, that he woke up. We are going to have to work on that in the case that I go into labor in the middle of the night. :)

Seriously though, ladies who have had babies and leg cramps. Do labor pains feel like leg cramps just in your stomach?

3 comments:

Erin said...

Ouch, that does not sound fun. :( Hopefully the cramps will be few and far between!

mgoff said...

leg cramps are terrible, but contractions are not the same, you wont be able to jump out of bed!

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

Legs cramps are very different. Can't really describe how, but different for sure!
Story... one night when I was pg with Maddie I had a really bad one. Another problem I had with pregnancy was my arms falling asleep and being almost completely numb. So I jumped out of bed with the cramp one night and tried to support myself with my arm against the wall, and it just so happened to be numb, so it gave away and I fell on the floor. NICE