Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Time

Our first Christmas married. It was wonderful. It was busy. But we were together the whole time, so it was perfect. Last year, when we were engaged, I had to wait till 1am on Christmas day to see my fiance, because he had to drive from Hot Springs after his Christmas Eve service. This year, I had him the WHOLE day!

We spent Christmas Eve morning with Craig's brother's family. We had a delicious brunch. They invited my parents to come too, so that was really special. We enjoyed spending time with them. We were able to stop and pick up our Christmas present from my Aunt Judy afterwards.. Jacksons high chair! YAY! So after he makes his grand entrance and gets a bit stronger, he has a place to eat. He is excited. I can tell.

That evening, Ward and his girlfriend, Reese came over to celebrate Christmas. Reese had the opportunity to go to NYC with her family over Thanksgiving for the NIT tournament. While she was there, she met an author and illustrator for a set of Disney books. She had him autograph and personalize a book for Jackson. How sweet is that! Jackson was very excited about his new book and can not wait to see the pictures. I can tell. Ward and Reese also got Raley a couple of outfits. An elf outfit and a Santa outfit. The Santa outfit was a bit small, but good news, the beard and hat still fit!

Thanks Ward and Reese! :)

We all went to the Candlelight Service at my parents church that evening. It was interesting. It is a tradition for our family to do this. I enjoy seeing people there more than anything. Everyone is just so happy! Afterwards, some of our family friends came over for a yummy dinner. We have done this the past few years, and I always enjoy our times with the Hopkins.

Mom and I had matching pjs for Christmas Eve, so I felt like my husband, my dad and brother needed matching pjs too. The boys were too manly for a picture. And mom and I forgot. But I got one with my hubby! :)
Christmas Day was really wonderful. So wonderful and busy that I forgot to take pictures! :( But we spent the morning and lunch with my family! That afternoon and evening we spent at Craig's brothers house! Everyone was so generous! Even Jackson had a good Christmas!

We were able to see some friends from Hot Springs on Friday when they came in town to visit family. And had dinner with Craig's mom Friday night.

We are so thankful for our friends and family! And were reminded even more over this Christmas season just how blessed we are!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

i love the pj's! looks like you had a wonderful christmas!