Tuesday, December 23, 2008

BabyMoon

I'm starting Week 30. And I am feeling more and more pregnant everyday. I am experiencing more symptoms everyday, that I will not go into great detail about in the blog world. :) BUT, every step of the way it is absolutely amazing. And it makes me wonder more and more how anyone can go through this process and not believe that there is a God that is orchestrating the whole thing.

My wonderful husband has been so supportive during this pregnancy. Neither one of us knew really what to expect. And I have gone through every type of emotion during this time. And he is soo patient and wonderful.

I get emails sent to me every week about what is going on with my body and what is happening to my baby. I have attached some of those emails to my blogs. I have found them pretty fascinating.

Well one thing that they suggest, is that a couple expecting a baby should take some time for themselves. They suggest a weekend getaway, where the the couple can just focus on themselves and their relationship. They call this little getaway, a babymoon.. kinda like the honeymoon after the wedding, just pre-baby.

I thought this was a great idea. Especially since Craig and I have been living with my parents the past few months while waiting for our house to sell. Craig and I decided not to buy Christmas presents this year for each other, so I decided to plan a surprise babymoon for him.

It was WONDERFUL. Although we don't have a weekend where we can get away before Jackson gets here, Craig did have a couple of vacation days this week. So I just planned one night at the Skirvin in Oklahoma City. I reserved the Bed and Breakfast room, which was fantastic. We checked in alittle bit before 3pm and just relaxed. We played games, watched alittle TV and just hung out. It was so much fun. I married a REALLY funny man. I had made reservations at the restaurant at the Skirvin for dinner, so we didnt even have to leave. We both had a fantastic dinner, although we were surprised at the dress of some of the people at the restaurant. We ended the night watching OU beat Rice... all of this to say.. it was perfectly relaxing.

We spent very little time talking about the MAJOR life change that is fixing to happen and just focused on enjoying the moment. It was a PERFECT get away.

I love my hubby!

2 comments:

keely said...

Fantastic idea- and one you'll appreciate even more once your little guy is here.

Erin said...

What a fun idea! I'm going to have to copy you in the future. The Skirvin is amazing, too.