Tuesday, December 9, 2008

3rd Trimester

I am officially in my third trimester. That is so weird to me!

Here is the update that I got on Jackson this week... it refers to him as a her.. but he is a he...

How your baby's growing:

By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

And here is a picture that was attached... it is not Jackson (obviously), but what a baby at 28 weeks looks like. He looks like a real baby!I got a phone call from my doctor, which made me nervous, since I wasnt supposed to hear anything unless there was something wrong with my blood work. Well, evidently since I asked so many questions during my last appointment, they wanted to call and reassure me. I was fine! My blood work was fine. YAY!

Part of nightly routine is laying down and watching Jackson move around. I love that time! My parents think it is really funny. But, its seriously one of my most favorite times!

I have been working more at the insurance agency. He has made a position for me until Jackson gets here. So I will be working full time. Watching Daisy twice a week and working at the insurance agency three times a week. I am VERY excited about it!

Our crib has come in. We are going to pick it up on Thursday! We have decided which room is Jackson's. Even though, this is not how Craig and I pictured bringing our little boy home, we are SO THANKFUL that we have a wonderful place to bring him home to! So, anyway, we are REALLY excited to start getting his room together!

He will be here, literally, before we know it! WAHOO!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Time is sure flying by--congrats! :)

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

today is thursday, you should be getting your crib! Post some pics later! Can't believe you are getting so close!!!