Thursday, November 20, 2008

25 Weeks

I am 25 weeks pregnant. Crazy. This is what the email told me this week.

By the end of the 25th week, your baby weighs 1 ¼ to 1 ½ pounds. Your baby can hear you very well now (in addition to all the other noises inside your body), so you may want to start brushing up on some lullabies. You are also much more aware of her sleeping and waking cycles and it is no secret that she is more active just when you want to settle down.

Throughout history, our foremothers knew that maternal-child bonding begins long before the actual birth. You don't have to hold her in your arms to know or love her. There is an absolute symbiotic relationship that goes beyond the physical. A lot of women absent-mindedly rub their bellies throughout the day as a way to connect. What mother feels is translated into how her baby feels. Other techniques to encourage prenatal bonding are hypnotherapy, massage, yoga, deep breathing, meditation, relaxing music and just sitting quietly with your baby.


Cute story about Jackson. Last night at church, he slept the whole time UNTIL Craig got up to speak, and he started kicking away. I really think it is because he knew his daddy was talking! I love it!

I am not sure, but I think that Jackson is awake all night when I am sleeping. He doesnt kick me hard enough to wake me up. BUT, I am up alot during the night just to go to the bathroom, and every time I am up, so is he. Just kicking me, so I just have to lay there and enjoy it for alittle bit. It is really my favorite feeling ever.

We love our little boy.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

great story about jackson! what a fun time of pregnancy...i'm sure you'll be talking and singing up a storm to him!

be sure to check out my blog...i have a giveaway going on this weekend!

Shara said...

Our little guy does the same thing when Matt's dad starts preaching! And isn't it amazing that he can already hear your voice? Our baby was causing me a lot of pain yesterday while he was moving around, but if I talked or sang to him he instantly calmed down. It's so fun to think that they already know their mommy's voices. :)

The Firestone's said...

How sweet! just wait until he starts crying and just the sound of your voice makes him stop- its incredible!

The Firestone's said...

Most of his stuff came from Baby-R-Us, they have a new clothing designer and she has really cute stuff!!

The Tribuzis said...

Hey go to Motherletters.blogspot.com You might be interested in doing it or sharing it with some of your friends who are moms. :)

Dara Steward said...

Today I am taking care of a baby about the size of Jackson right now. This baby is actually smaller than what he probably is. It's so amazing to think that he's this size already!
Hope you have a great day!