Monday, October 6, 2008

Doctors Appointment Part One

Today was our doctors appointment where we had our big ultrasound. Not only did we find out the gender of our baby!! (YAY!), they were also able to do more checking on our baby's heart and brain and its development!

As many of you know, tomorrow is Craig's 34th birthday! We are having a family birthday party for him, so we will wait to tell everyone the big secret until after our family finds out! Thanks for being patient, friends!

BUT, I did want to write about our appointment before the big reveal! Although most things looked GREAT on our baby, Baby Smith does have a cyst on its brain. Our doctor is really not concerned. She said over and over again that she is a straight shooter and that she is not concerned. Evidently this happens, both of her children had this cyst and it was perfectly normal. But because we have found it, we want to go ahead and look further into it. Therefore, she is setting us up an ultrasound with the high risk doctor, just so that he can take a better look at it. Evidently, the ultrasound technology our doctor has, is like "Dillards" and this high risk doctor has the "neiman marcus" technology. Craig and I, of course, are anxious to have this ultrasound done, just to follow up. However, we really arent worried. The way that our doctor handled the situation REALLY helped.

What I know about the cysts is really limited, and I am going to keep my knowledge limited until of course we find out that it is something that I need to learn more about. I just dont want to scare myself with the "possibilities". But, sometimes these cysts are caused by chromosome abnormalities. However, nothing else showed up on the ultrasound that made her think that was what it was caused by. But that is a possibility.

Please just pray for our baby! And also pray for Craig and I. Even though, I am determined NOT to get worried until I know for sure there is something to worry about.. I know that it is going to be hard to not allow it to be completely mind consuming! Whatever the case, our little baby will be perfect!

I will update you with our REAL exciting news shortly!

Love you all!

11 comments:

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

The suspense is going to kill me! I will be checking your blog ALL day and night tomorrow until I see what you have in there!!!
Glad you are not super worried about the cyst, I think it happens quite a bit and usually goes away! Thank goodness for your new "laidback" attitude :)

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

One more thing, I know that I voted girl on the email, but I now think it is a boy for some reason

Dara Steward said...

I agree with Stacy. Also Ryan's brother's little girl had several on her brain and she is perfect! And not to mention very pretty. So, no worries.... and great practice for your new character quality. Get ready mom. It doesn't get any easier. :o)

Christi said...

Yay!! I found your blog!! And AMEN to what Dara said, it SO doesn't get easier, but it DOES get cooler and cooler... there are definitely days where I want to bash my head against the wall, but I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world!! hands down!!

Can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving and I'm going to be checking my email like crazy till I find out what little second cousin Adam's going to have...

Shara said...

How great that you get to have another ultrasound! Maybe it will be 3D/4D. I mean, after all, Neiman Marcus would definitely have a 3D machine! (So cute that she referred to the machines as department stores - what a fun doctor!)

danielle said...

thanks guys for your encouraging comments! i had alittle break down this evening, i think its just overwhelming. but i know that its all part of the perfect plan! i was reading my mom your comments and she said "you have the best friends!" i agree! thanks guys!

Unknown said...

i'm so excited to find out what you're having! i'll be checking back frequently... :)

Shara said...

OKAY, IT'S TOMORROW!!!!! What is little Smith going to be?!?!?!!

Lizzy said...

Praying for you guys!! Can't wait to find out the exciting news :)

Marisa said...

Just wanted to you let you know that I am thinking about you and know that everything is going to be just fine! I agree that you're handling everything with such grace!

Can't wait to hear whether we have a little Craig or a little Danielle!

Love, M

Dara Steward said...

Okay, I just can't stand it! Boy or girl!?!?!?! Looking forward to a text/post/call or whatever! :o)