Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Boy or Girl?

Tonight at church, we had a poll of what the students thought Baby Smith was. We showed them the same ultrasound pictures from below. And the results are as follows:

Boy: 52%
Girl: 48%

Oh and 1 vote for a "baby". I guess that guy will be right no matter what.

So here are the facts:

1. Our baby's heart beat at its first ultrasound was 175 beats per minute. An average baby's heart beat is between 120 and 180 beats per minute. The old wives tale says that the higher the heart beat, the more likely it is to be a girl. That would mean, our baby most likely is a girl.. IF this is true.

I am not sure that this is as much due to the gender, but probably due to when you first hear the heartbeat. The younger the baby, the faster the heart beat.

Another fact. Our baby's heartbeat at the last appointment was 154 beats per minute.

2. The ring test: We did the ring test on several moms and several expectant moms and it was accurate on everyone. It said that I was having a girl-boy-boy. So, if the ring test is true.. it is a girl.

Craig says this is who-do... haha

3. At my last appointment, my nurse said "wow, he is a mover" to which we all laughed (to which Craig and I were not surprised, because everyone has says that our baby is a mover). Then she preceded to say "so do you know what you are having", I said " no" and she said "oooohhhh!" Kinda like she had said something that she wasnt supposed to say... she did call our baby a "he"

4. Kind of a fact: so I am not a person who reads ultrasounds but after taking a closer look at my ultrasound pictures, I think I see something "Extra". Maybe?

Several of you have emailed me your vote... but WHAT DO YOU THINK IS LIVING INSIDE MY TUMMY?

3 comments:

the woolseys said...

f.y.i. my boss had a girl last year and the heartbeat was 156. she is pregnant again and having a boy and the heartbeat is 154. so you really never know what you're having. she was certain she was having another girl, based on the heartbeat...but she was wrong! :) can't wait to find out what you're having!

Lizzy said...

Make that two votes for "a baby" :)

How fun!! I can't wait to see what you end up having.

Shara said...

Hmmm...154 sounds an awful lot like a boy...my little one's is 150 these days. But for some reason I just really, really think it's a girl! When will we find out for sure?! Soon, right??!