Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Our baby is 13 weeks old!

I am in my second trimester! YAY! Supposedly I am going to be feeling alot better (alot less tired)! I was thinking I was alot less tired, but then after our emotional busy week.. I am exhausted! :) But here is the update on our precious one!

Your baby is comfortably surrounded by the amniotic sac and is floating in amniotic fluid. This fluid also serves numerous purposes. First of all, it keeps the baby at the perfect temperature. (To keep the temperature perfect, pregnant women should stay out of steam rooms, saunas, hot tubs and Jacuzzis.) This fluid permits your baby to stretch its arms and legs and explore its own body. It allows your baby to develop symmetrically and prevents body parts from sticking to each other. And in case you accidentally bump into something, the fluid acts as a shock absorber to prevent any injuries from occurring. It also has bacteria-fighting properties to further protect your little one from disease. Your baby has found her mouth and can suck its thumb, although those important facial muscles that control sucking are still immature.

0 comments: