Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Our Baby- 11 Weeks

Our precious baby is getting so big and so developed! I am so ready to REALLY feel my baby. I keep thinking that I might feel Baby Smith. But then, after I decide to be alittle bit more realistic.. I think it is probably either just gas or my own heart beat beating in my stomach. But one day, I will really feel my baby. I just hope I realize I know what it really is!

Here is the update on our little one:

All About Baby

Your baby-to-be's body still may look a little strange. At this point in development the head makes up nearly half of his body size. Don't worry, in the next few weeks the rest of his body will catch up. Right now, part of your baby's small intestine coils around the umbilical cord outside his body—this will change soon, too.

How Big Is Baby?

Your baby weighs in at about three-tenths of an ounce this week, and his length is just under two and one-half inches (crown to rump).

See, two and a half inches.. that is getting so big!

In this same email, it told me that I need to be focused on getting 9 to 10 hours of sleep a night. I would agree that would be the optimum amount. However, tonight I am staying up late to watch Michael Phelps. I have spoken to baby about it.. and asked Baby Smith to be forgiving tomorrow while I am at work. But I am very much into history, and clearly Michael Phelps is making history, so I must stay up late.

0 comments: