Thursday, July 11, 2013

McKinley's Tutus and Ties Tea Party 2nd Birthday

I am finally getting around to blogging about McKinley's 2nd birthday party.  She had a Tutus and Ties Tea Party.  We hired Photos By Esther to come and photograph the party.  I always feel like this is my wisest investment.  I put alot of work into the party, and then she can come and capture all of the details and our sweet friends that come to the party, and I can just enjoy it!  Not to mention, she takes WAY better pictures that I ever could.  With that being said, there will be quite a few pictures on this post, I just couldnt narrow them down.  :)

My cousin, Laura, at Butler Paper and Print, designed the invitations, birthday banner, cupcake flags and menu.  As always, she listens to what I think I want, and then she designs something so perfect! 

We had the party at 6 pm, so we served dinner.  We had a few different tea sandwiches (turkey and cheese on wheat, vegetable sandwiches on white, and a mexican chicken salad wrap), a BLT pasta salad, fruit salad with an orange vanilla glaze, chips, marshmallow wands and cupcakes.
I wanted the party to have a Lilly Pulitzer feel- with the classic hot pink, light pink and kelly green with bits of white.  We lined our sidewalk coming up to the house with green and pink polka dot balloons.  
All the girls got hot pink tutus and the boys, kelly green ties for their party favors. 




We had a bounce house for the kiddos to jump in!
A water table to splash in!

Fresh Beat band on the IPod to dance to!
A swingset to play on!


A birthday girl to sing to!

Presents to open!





And tons of sweet memories to cherish!
This birthday girl is loved and cherished! We are thankful for all of our family and friends who came to celebrate McKinley's life.  We feel beyond blessed for the precious 2 years that we have had with McKinley.  We are thankful for her health, for her strength, and for her sweet sweet spirit!  We cant wait to celebrate her life for many many many more years!  We love you, McKinley Beth!








3 comments:

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

Beautiful girl!!!

KillerB said...

This party looks absolutely beautiful, Danielle! It looks like lots of fun was had by all as well -- I adore those sweet brother/sister shots :)

Wenni Donna said...

McKinley's Tutus and Ties Tea Party 2nd Birthday was so mesmerizing. I am in love with these color combinations that have been used in the décor. You have given me some fabulous inspirations for my son’s upcoming birthday party that we would prefer hosting at some outdoor LA venue.