Friday, October 21, 2011

McKinley Beth- 4 Months


Our sweet baby girl is 4 months old. I know I say this every month, but seriously, how can it be?!?!

We took her to her 4 month well check up, and she did great.

She weighs 9 lbs 13 1/2 ounces, which is in the 1st percentile. I feel like she is growing great, and Dr. Jackson was pleased with her growth, although she was hoping McKinley would hit more of a growth spurt. So we have to go back at 5 months for another weight check. I SO appreciate that she is so cautious with our daughter and willing to stay on top of her weight. I really feel like McKinley is on her own little track and is doing well.

In the support group that I am in, made up of mom's who have children born with omphaloceles, the majority of them, have children who are on the smaller side. I dont feel worried, but at the same time, we will be diligent that McKinley keeps eating well.

Because McKinley was born 3 weeks early, Dr. Jackson didnt feel like she was ready to start rice cereal at this time. I really agree with her. McKinley is not showing ANY interest in food when we are eating at this time. I just dont think she is ready.

She is still eating every 2-3 hours during the day and will go for much longer periods at night. She still mainly eats 4 oz at every feeding but sometimes will go for more like 5 or 6 oz.

After we put Jackson to bed at night, we head back to our bedroom to watch TV. McKinley LOVES this time. She lays imbetween Craig and I and talks alot and very LOUDLY. She laughs and seems to be very tickilish. She loves getting kisses and thinks its really funny!

She has turned over from her front to her back. I was SHOCKED. I was sure the first time she would roll, it would be from her back to her front. She is on her back more, and gets on her side, but just hasnt figured out how to get that arm out of the way. We dont do tummy time as often as we should, just because I feel like she is always eating and if we put her on her belly too soon after eating, she spits up.. EVERYWHERE. But, during tummy time last week, she rolled right on over. I put her back on her belly and she did it again. Jackson and I both just cheered and cheered and cheered. So proud of our big girl.

She hasnt been much of a spitter upper.. but the past few weeks she has been spitting up more. We talked to Dr. Jackson about it, because it isnt like right after she eats, it will be 15 minutes or so after she eats that she spits up.. and sometimes it looks like water. Again, we were encouraged when she said that spitting up peaks around 4 months because the babies are starting to get so much more mobile.

Can I just tell you how thankful I am for a knowledgeable pediatrician?! Cause I am.

McKinley hits a pretty cranky spell every evening around 5 or 6. Its at that point, that nothing makes her happy. Not eating, not getting her diaper changed, not laying flat, not swinging.. nothing. We have found our best luck, is going into her room, turning off the light, turning on the fan and rocking in her chair, while she lays upright on our chest. She immediately becomes relaxed. It is perfect.

She is getting long, at her appointment she was measuring 23 1/4 inches, which is in the 12%. And her head is 15 1/2 inches, in the 22%. She has officially outgrown newborn clothes, and is wearing 0-3months and 3-6 months clothes.

We fall more and more in love with our little girl each day, and continue to be so proud of her!!!!

4 comments:

mgoff said...

She is so cute-when my mom was here she just kept going on and on about how pretty Mckinley is! So glad she is doing well!

Emily said...

She is a very pretty little girl! But, of course, I'm not surprised!

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

She is so pretty!!!!! And she is doing so well! She looks just right to me!

Missy said...

I'm working on a one month old post for Caleb, and WOW, what a difference in our babies!
She is so precious! :)