Monday, May 2, 2011

Happy Easter!

What a special day in the lives of Christians... a day to remember the grace that our God showed us, allowing His own Son to be crucified for our sins, but then allowing Him to rise again! What a great great day.
We got up Easter morning, and got dressed in our "Easter" clothes, which really was just a new outfit for Jackson and Craig and I finding something that somewhat matched what our son wore. Yes, I am that mom. :) We were able to celebrate Easter with my family at FBC Edmond. I had not had the opportunity to be back in a long time.... definitely the first time that I had been back, since Dr. Day passed away. Definitely different, but I think God has a great plan for FBC Edmond, and I am excited to see it unfold.




After church, we went over to my parents house for Easter lunch with Mom and Dad, Ward and Reese. We had told the Easter Bunny, that we thought Easter morning might be a bit hectic getting everyone ready for church and then driving to Edmond, so we asked him to drop off Jackson's goodies at his Honey and Papa's house. So Jackson, got to see what the Easter Bunny brought him as soon as we got home from church.



And of course, what does a 2 year old do, with the 90+ eggs that the Easter Bunny decided to bring him... dump them all over Honey and Papa's living room... of course. And then run off laughing. :)


It was a GREAT Easter with FAMILY and RAIN and most importantly celebrating the resurrection of our LORD.















2 comments:

Marisa said...

What a beautiful family!!

mgoff said...

looks like a fun day!