Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas at the Smith's House

Its Christmas time! And I am in my first trimester. Meaning, although I have been well intended on adding a few more decorations this year.. I just havent. I didnt even put the tree up in Jackson's room. We justified it, by saying, he would be all over the ornaments.. but really, if we are truthful, I just didnt bring myself to do it (mom of the year!)

But here we go:We added wreaths over our lights on our garage and on the guest room window.

We added big Christmas ornaments hanging from our arch. I saw something similar in the Pottery Barn catalog. I was not willing to pay their price for their mercury ornaments, so I went to Hobby Lobby and got their shatter proof large ornaments. We sometimes live in a wind tunnel, so I really wasnt sure how long they would last.. but they are still standing strong and we have had some s.t.r.o.n.g winds. Hopefully they last. I really like how it looks!
We had to change where we put our tree this year, since we rearranged the living room. I like the tree by the fireplace, although we DO need a taller tree. We just find it hard to justify buying a new one, when this one works fine. Although a taller one would definitely look better. I love my clearance pottery barn stockings... good thing I bought an extra one!

Jackson got to open an early Christmas present! A super cute advent calendar!
My dining room isnt much different this year from last.. except for...my "new" chandelier. You see, my friend Stacy totally remodeled her kitchen, you should see the transformation, its great!!! She had two chandeliers that she was not going to use, so she let me have one! I love it! I was able to switch out the builder grade chandelier for this pretty one! Thanks Stacy!!

Merry Christmas from the Smiths!

5 comments:

Missy said...

Looks great! I have been meaning to put up a post like that but I haven't got around to it yet.

Seely's said...

Wow girl it looks BEAUTIFUL!!!

Emily said...

Danielle, I think it looks really pretty... no pregnancy apologies needed. Plus, I think keeping a tree out of a curious little boy's room might not be such a bad thing... ;)

Amanda Isaacs said...

Great job Dan!!! I need you to come decorate my house. :)

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

Beautiful! LOVe the big ornaments and the new chandelier... NICE!!!