Monday, September 13, 2010

Makeover Monday- Coffee Filter Wreath

I've seen this idea on a couple of blogs, and then after encouragement from my sweet friend, Stacy, I decided to try it. You see, I am really not crafty. I am now attempting to be.... and this was a great project to start with. Super easy. And if I can say that, then its true!!! Its a wreath made out of brown coffee filters. Now for my Newcastle friends, our Walmart surprisingly did not have regular brown coffee filters, they had brown cone coffee filters, I dont know what those are, but I know that I did not want them. I found these at Target.

All you need is a wreath form, got mine for half price at Hobby Lobby. However, I did see on a blog, where a lady didnt even have a wreath form, she just cut the shape out of a piece of poster board. Just another idea.

You need brown coffee filters. And hot glue. Thats it. Of course, I got some brownish/goldish ribbon that I wanted to hang from mine.. thats up to you.
So I am not an expert at crafting blogs. Didnt take a picture of my before supplies, and definitely didnt take a picture of every step. But, I promise.. its easy. You can do it. I did first cover the back of the wreath with flattened coffee filters. That way I didnt have to cover the whole wreath.. just the front.
You just scrunch and hot glue super close together. Thats it. Really. EASY. And cute. And fallish. Which you know brings me GREAT joy! Happy Wreath Making.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Cute! And quite crafty! ;)

Missy said...

Wow. Who would've thought that you could make something so cute out of coffee filters!

The Ames Album said...

So when I first looked at this I thought. "wow they drink a lot of coffee" haha I really thought they were used coffee filters that you had dried. Yup I'm a blonde. Who knew they made brown filters?! It is pretty cool. I might have to attempt that! (now that I know I don't have to drink that much coffee) lol

piper. said...

i love all your home projects - i'm obsessed with crafting :)

Marisa said...

This is adorable!! I love!