Monday, August 23, 2010

Makeover Monday- The Mantel

This is kind of how all of this got started. I was tired of our tv being on our mantel. I didnt like it. It was fine. But I just wanted something different. And pretty. And something that I can change out. Decorating with a HUGE TV up there, left ALOT to be desired in the decorating front.

So, after all my blog reading, I knew that I wanted shutters to cut off the deepness of the mantel. Our mantel is alittle bit longer than 8 feet, and there is about 4 feet between the mantel and the ceiling. So there is ALOT of room.. Its not like I could just put something small up there... I needed something to cut off the height and deepness. Thanks to the Rink.. and shopping in my own house, the redo wasnt all that expensive. Which is what I was going for.This is what the shutters looked like before I took the spray paint can to them. I found these at The Rink for $15 a piece (I had to get 2 of them to go across my mantel).I also found these old chair (?) legs at The Rink, that I am using as candlesticks. The rest of the mantel is just things that I used from other rooms in my house. And frames that didnt sell in the garage sale. The final product! I really like it! So much more warm and inviting!

7 comments:

Landon and Jen said...

Love it! Good job, Danielle!!!

Jennifer said...

Wow,that looks great!! I am so inspired!! I love you you recycled a few odds and ends to make it so cute and inviting.

The Austins said...

Very well done! So, what happened to the TV?

April said...

Love it!!! Makes me want to re-do mine!!!

KillerB said...

Way cute!

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

yay!!! That looks awesome, so fun to see the final product!

mgoff said...

looks great! You are so crafty! So how was the dr. appointment with Jackson?