Saturday, August 21, 2010

God Bless OBU

Today is Move In Day at OBU (Oklahoma Baptist University.. I have to make sure you know which one I am talking about.. its the REAL OBU). My Alma Mater. I LOVE that place. LOVE. So many wonderful memories. So now for your viewing pleasure. Some of my favorite memories.4th North WMU, freshman year... our hall shirts. The verse referring to "men hotly pursuing" us was on the back. Classic... These girls MADE my freshman year. Ok, they MADE all of college. The. Best.Stampede of the Stars. OBU broke me out of my "I feel stupid doing physical activity in front of others" shell. Example A.Last night of our freshman year. E.M.O.T.I.O.N.A.L!Our sophomore year, we were SO cool, because we werent freshman anymore. Cant you tell?!?We liked to get dressed up for our Twirp Dates. Sometimes in costumes.Sometimes in prom dresses. A girl cant dress like a cow for every Twirp date.. you know!Ok, so honestly... we liked to get dressed up for any occassion possible! To go skating!Or to celebrate birthdays!
Sometimes, we found it necessary to dance with toilet paper. Did I mention, we liked to get dressed up!?!?!We liked to be tourists together. At the Grand Canyon.
At the Hoover Dam.In Vegas.In LA. For none other than the Price is Right! COME ON DOWN!!In San Diego.And cruising the Caribbean!But do not fear, we were obviously not too cool, to have one last themed dress up date complete with song writing and playing the pots and pans our senior year.

Obviously, I did not have the "typical" college experience. And I thank God every day that I was able to go to OBU (thanks to my parents), and meet the girls who are still such a tremendous blessing in my life. Its not very often you meet people who share similar passions for life, and similar personalities like we did. I still get butterflies in my stomach when I think about the good times we had!

I leave you with this!

Ka-rip Ka-rap Ka-riplo typlo tap
Oh! Oh! Rincto lincto hio-totimus
Hopula scipula copula gotimus
Chink-to-lack Chink-to-lee
Ka-willa, Ka-walla, Ka Victory
Oh! Oh! Hoogula choogula choogula can.
Ragula tagula melican man
Let'er go rip, let'er go ruse
Tingula Tangula, turn'em a-loose
Zip! Bang! OBU!

6 comments:

mckenziegordon said...

This post makes me want to do one too! Makes me feel so nostalgic. God bless OBU and the precious days spent there. Oh and I also double checked the accuracy of Ka-Rip and I'm so glad you know it by heart too!

Claire said...

I LOVE this and could probably find a picture to match each of yours haha love seeing the pics of you and your girls. it really was one of the most wonderful times of life!

Sara said...

How wonderful. How special that we all have such sweet OBU memories!

The Austins said...

Zip, Bang, OBU!!

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

wow.. .wow... wow. Those are some VERY entertaining pictures. we were SO cool..... oh my

mgoff said...

oh my....so glad you found a way to scan these photos in! Sometimes I look at myself and think I really haven't changed, then I look at these photos and I am so thankful that I have changed!!!!!