Monday, February 22, 2010

We LOVE February 20th

February 20, 2009 was a good day in Craig and I's life. The day started normal. Craig went to lunch with his brother and stayed in the city to continue to prepare for a Disciple Now that he was preaching at that evening. I lost my mucus plug (ha!) and took two naps. I picked up my good friend, Julie Harris, we went to dinner and then we went to hear Craig speak. By this time, I was able to actually time my contractions, and by the time Craig was done speaking, we decided that we should just check at the hospital. And yep, I was in labor!!! It was very exciting. On February 20, 2009.. it was our last night officially as a family of 2!

February 20, 2010 was a good day in Craig and I's life. After a YEAR AND A HALF, we received and accepted an offer on our house. Earnest money was received, and we officially have a contract on our house in Hot Springs. PRAISE THE LORD. Now just praying for everything to go smoothly during this time, and that we are able to close in mid- March.

Not only did we get that wonderful news, we celebrated our baby boy's first birthday! We hired a photographer to capture all the special moments, which I am SO glad that we did. It was such a busy day, there is no way that I would have been able to effectively capture everything that was going on. And I really wanted my friends and family members to be able to enjoy the party without the stress of taking pictures. We had such a great time! And I really think Jackson knew the party was for him! He laughed the whole way home!

I havent received the pictures from our photographer yet, but here are a couple of sneak peaks, that Amy took for me! Thanks Amy!!! (I did not take ONE picture!)

6 comments:

Rach said...

Oh my gosh what WONDERFUL news for you guys to finally be under contract! I know that will relieve a gigantic amount of stress! Awesome awesome awesome for you guys! And happy (belated) birthday to your precious boy!

Erin said...

I'd say Feb. 20th is a good day for your family! How wonderful!!

Kate & Matthew said...

Yay for such a joyous day(s) in both 2009 and 2010. So happy for you all!

Alyssa Siler said...

YAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO glad you sold your house! YAY!

Steph M said...

What a great day to get a long awaited contract! Happy 1st Birthday Jackson! Can't wait to see more pictures.

Landon and Jen said...

So glad that you finally got a contract! Praying that everything goes smoothly until you close!

Happy Birthday Jackson!