Monday, February 8, 2010

Happy Early Valentines Day


Craig and I had the opportunity to celebrate Valentines Day this past weekend. Since Jackson, our favorite way to celebrate special occassions, is to get away and just have "us" time. And thankfully, we have wonderful family, that LOVES to spend that time with Jackson. And we know that he is in good hands. So, while Craig was at his Disciple Now a couple of weekends ago, I started doing some brainstorming and research. Our weekend schedules stay pretty full, so this was the best weekend for us to celebrate. So I found a couple of Valentines Day cards, that I left him to give him clues of my surprise.

I was working on Friday, so after he got himself and Jackson all packed, they stopped at my brother in laws office to see us, on the way to my moms house. We dropped Jackson off at my moms, stopped at a Redbox to pick out a movie, and headed to The Two Hearts Inn in Edmond. I had heard only wonderful experiences from people who had stayed at this bed and breakfast. I love Inspirations Tea Room, which is attached to this bed and breakfast. A very sweet, Christian family owns this business. They even offer a complimenary dinner to ministers in the community! An added bonus for us! :)
We stayed in the "Chic Suite". I LOVE how all of their suites are updated, unlike most bed and breakfasts, that are kind of old fashiony. (Although, I like those bed and breakfasts TOO!) We had a perfectly relaxing night! I think we were both SOUND asleep by 10 pm. It was wonderful!!
Happy Valentines Day Hubby! Love you!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Oh man, that looks so nice! Jealous over here! :)

mgoff said...

SO FUN! So jealous! Cannot wait for a night with just Chris and I....it has been 16 months and counting!

Dara Steward said...

How fun! What an awesome wife you are!

Kate & Matthew said...

How fun! The room looked very you!