Monday, March 23, 2009

One Month Old

My baby is one month old. I can not even believe it! Time really does fly by! We are still having a really wonderful time with him. Craig is SUCH a huge help! Everyday, I wonder how people do it, who are either single parents or who have husbands who dont help out very much. I definitely feel blessed.

Jackson and I are still not getting out much. The pediatrician suggested that we do not because of the flu season. Which, I totally understand. But, I will be ready for us to be able to do more things. Last week, we did take Jackson to my brother and sister in law's house to let them watch Jackson, so that I could go with the youth group to play laser tag. It was really great to be able to spend time with the youth. I really have missed them.

Thursday, mom came over to watch Jackson, so that I could go to lunch with a bunch of the kids who were on Spring Break. And then I could go "Fat Shopping". I gained more than "just the baby" during my pregnancy. And it is sick. I definitely can not get into my pre-pregnancy clothes and it grosses me out. I have put Craig and I on a very limited spending budget.. but I just had to go and get clothes to fit me. For some reason, I just dont want to wear maternity clothes, when I am not pregnant. :( But, shopping was disgusting and I refused to buy anything. So, I started Weight Watchers today. And I am determined. Determined to lose this weight. YUCK.

This past weekend, Craig and I enjoyed March Madness. What a great time of year. Ranks up there with football season.... I had another one of my body temperature issues and this time, I had fever too. But, I am feeling much better now!

Here are some updated pics of our little guy. He is PRECIOUS!

I love my snuggle time with my little boy!We have been working on tummy time. He does really great for approximately 6 minutes and then he gets really ticked. :) We will keep working on it!
Jackson is VERY protective of his paci. This is how he was sleeping. Sweet boy. I dont think that he has grasped the concept though that he can control whether or not it stays in his mouth. He can toss that sucker across the room, if you are not careful.He loves his boppy time. We always start out wide awake and alot of times end up sleepy! But he loves it!! And it always is a great time for pictures!
But sometimes, something can make him REALLY sad! :(
But the paci makes the world much better! :)

4 comments:

Kent & Kayla said...

He's so cute! :) And don't stress out too much about the weight, it's only been a MONTH! :) But I've heard great things about Weight Watchers, my mom loves it.

Shara said...

He's ADORABLE! Jude has the same paci and loves it, too. I think he likes the rubber v. silicone b/c it's softer. And way to go on tummy time!

mgoff said...

Cant wait to see you guys later this week. The pictures are sooooo cute!

Jamie said...

Love all the pictures and can't wait to meet him Saturday!!