Friday, May 23, 2008

Life In The Spa City

The town I live in now, has such a fancy nick name.. I grew up in "E-Town". Now, I live in "The Spa City." Sounds fancy huh. I do really live in a VERY pretty city. I definitely enjoy seeing tall trees. And "mountains" when I am driving to work. Its definitely different than the flatness of OKC.



I have the best husband in the entire world. He puts up with me. And even when I act most ridiculous, he loves me even more. What in the world did I do to deserve this type of love? I dont deserve it.. thats for sure... but I am definitely thankful for him, and thankful for his love.



Change is HARD. I really thought I was a good adjuster to change. I mean, as a kid, we moved from Baton Rouge, to Lafayette, to Mobile to Edmond. And I did just fine. But, I have been in OK for a LONG time. This change has been really difficult for me. Besides Craig, the only thing that I have from my life in Oklahoma is Raley. I know it is just going to take me some time to adjust, but its been hard. I am blessed that with the position that Craig is in, I have an instant network of "friends". And everyone is so wonderful and so friendly.. but really noone KNOWS me. It is starting ALL over. I dont want to sound ungrateful for the friends that I do have here, but I am thankful for them and really looking forward to growing in our relationships. I am just saying, I miss my family and friends ALOT in Oklahoma, and a change that I didnt think would be that tough.. has been.



Monday nights are one of my favorite nights of the week. All the students come to our house and we have Bible Study. I just absolutely love having them in our home. And absolutely love being able to be involved in their lives. I am not exaggerating when I say, Craig has some really amazing students in his youth group.



Work is going well. It is different working in an office again with co-workers. But, thankfully, its the same industry.. so it has been easy for me to be trained. I just have to get used to writing Express on 1-9s and not People Link. :)

I have made an appointment to get my hair redone (colored) at the first of June. I have heard this girl is really good. I am nervous.. I really loved my girl in OK, Allison. So we will see how it goes.

Raley gets groomed on Wednesday. You know I dont like my precious dog to look nerdy, so fingers crossed!

So, we are slowly but surely getting adjusted. :)

0 comments: