Tuesday, October 2, 2007

so i was thinking...

I am sorry my faithful blog readers of approximately four to keep you waiting so long for an update. I just dont always feel that the daily happenings of my life are that exciting. :) But to update you on the past few days... I've interviewed some crazy characters (noone has brought any swords.. dont worry), have had some great times with the girls (what can be better than a pretty in pink birthday party and the bachelor premiere), and lots of conversations with the man of my dreams. Oh yes, and football season. We dont need to go over last Saturday.. you know.

Well, last night, I was giving Craig the heads up on my plan for getting to Hot Springs on Thursday. It was late. I was tired. I told him I was hoping to be in Hot Springs by "approximately 6 pm". I want to not use "pm" but wanted to use the real words. Well, it struck me that I do not know the real words for pm. So I started thinking about it. This is what I came up with pm= post morning and am= after moon. Thats right, right??? :) If not, what does it really stand for.. help me friends!!

Ok, I gotta focus, I have some real doozies today. And I am NOT joking. There might be an update later. I sense some attitudes.

5 comments:

Steph said...

Hey Danielle... I think it's post-meridian (after noon) and ante-meridian (before noon). Someone told me that one time, because I used to say it was pre-midnight and after-midnight!

danielle said...

oooh... that makes sense. but i like the pre-midnight, after midnight idea too. :)

Craig Smith said...

The 12 hour clock is a timekeeping convention in which the 24 hours of the day are divided into two periods called ante meridiem (a.m., from Latin, meaning "before mid day", or "before the middle of the day") and post meridiem (p.m., "after mid day" or "after the middle of the day"). Each period consists of 12 hours numbered 12 (acting as zero), 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11.[1] Twelve o'clock is either noon or midnight.

danielle said...

thanks for trying to be so smart. craig.

Anonymous said...

Only you would come up with "after moon"!