Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy 3rd Birthday Jackson!


Jackson- Fresh from the womb! February 21, 2009

Jackson- ONE Year Old! February 21, 2010

Jackson- TWO Years Old- February 21, 2011
Jackson- THREE YEARS OLD! FEBRUARY 21, 2012

How in the world can I have a THREE year old? It still feels like yesterday that I was at Mercy learning how to push, and experiencing one of the greatest moments of my life.

In the past three years, Jackson has brought us SO MUCH JOY! He is seriously funny! And he is extremely strong willed. And he has an overall sweet spirit.

At age 3, Jackson LOVES sports. Of all kinds. He loves playing them. And he loves reading about them. He takes balls and his sports illustrated to bed with him every night. Even after we turn off his light for the night, we can still see him sitting up in bed flipping through his Sports Illustrated.

He is a good eater. He loves the "normal" toddler food, but also really really enjoys salad and broccoli. He doesnt eat alot. He does not always eat every meal. As he gets taller, he seems to be getting skinnier. But I think if I had as much energy as him, and ate as little as he did, I would be skinny too. :)

He knows what he wants. And if he does not want to do it, it is pretty difficult to get him to do it. Jackson is going to give us a run for our money in parenting. Craig and I continue to pray that God will give us the wisdom how to most effectively parent Jackson. We love that he is strong willed and passionate. However, we really want to be able to help teach him how to channel those personality traits for the good.

Before becoming a parent, I never would have imagined the challenge that it is. Everyday, I am reminded that I have absolutely zero idea what I am doing. As soon as I think I have it figured out, he throws me a curve ball.

But even more importantly, before becoming a parent, I never could have realized the amount of love and joy a little person could bring to my life. My heart is so full because of my little family.

Jackson Ward, I am so proud of you and love you more than words could EVER express! I cant wait to spend many many more years being your mommy! LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

Mike Keahbone said...

I'm so proud of you guys! You have beautiful children! You're doin' good!

mckenziegordon said...

He looks so big with that cute haircut! Happy Birthday Jackson!!!