Friday, April 1, 2011

Finally...

Today, I finally got to speak with Dr. Letton, the man who will be doing surgery on our baby girl. We were expecting to hear from him last Wednesday, but we didnt. And then our life got seriously CRAZY.... so today was the first day that I was able to follow up. He called me back within the hour and was very apologetic that it took him so long. Honestly, I wasnt upset. When McKinley is born, I definitely will want his attention in the hospital. But I REALLY just wanted to talk to the man who will be operating on her. This may sound strange, but as soon as I heard his voice, I got this overwhelming peace. He is the right doctor for our baby. We talked alittle bit about McKinley.. he has seen some pictures and talked with Dr. Stanley. He was the MOST encouraging person about her diagnosis and the size of her omphalecele that we have talked to. He really thinks that since her hole is small, it should be an easy fix, especially if everything else looks ok. He even said, she could stay in the hospital for ONE WEEK! Obviously, it will all depend on how things are when she is born, but just hearing that option was nice. (I am not getting my hopes up!) He will definitely be in the operating room with her the whole time. He understood, that although, I liked Dr. Keckler and realized he was a Board Certified Surgeon that was doing 2 extra years to work with little ones, I REALLY wanted him doing the majority of her surgery. He was with Dr. Stanley and thought the mass on the other side of her umbilical cord was probably jelly! GOOD NEWS! He did want me to look at pictures on the internet of the omphalecele.. so that I would be prepared. I havent done that yet... but will. Continue to pray for baby McKinley, Dr. Stanley (my doctor), Dr. Letton (McKinley's surgeon), and Dr. Letton's team. Thanks.

4 comments:

piper. said...

awesome news! i'm so glad to hear that you feel good about the doctor. continuing to pray for you guys!

Amanda Isaacs said...

I'm so glad you were able to talk to him and that you got to hear some encouraging news!!!!

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

Sounds like it was great!!! So glad you finally got to talk to him and that you loved him so much!!! Great news!

mgoff said...

YEA!!!! So glad it went well. I will find some pictures and email them to you if you want me to?