Thursday, March 10, 2011

Jackson's Pancakes and Pajama's 2nd Birthday Party


My baby boy turned 2!!!! We had a Pancakes and Pajamas birthday party. Having a winter birthday.. we have to get pretty creative with birthday themes, because the kids can't play outside. Thankfully, we can use our youth facility, which gives us plenty of room to play! I found the birthday party theme on a blog, and used their suggestion to use DimplePrints on Etsy for the invitations. I loved how they turned out.
We decorated the tables to look like beds. I found affordable duvet covers from Ikea, and my awesome cousins in Dallas went and picked them up for me! I loved the way they turned out.
DimplePrints also sent me the files for the banners. It sure was nice to have someone who knew what they were doing, do all the hard work for me, for this party. There were MANY distractions while getting ready for this party!
We made cinnamon pancake batter for party favors!The kids (and adults if they wanted) were able to decorate pillowcases and take those home also.We had a pancake bar. My parents came EARLY on Saturday morning and cooked a TON of pancakes (they sure LOVE their grandson!!). And we had lots of fun toppings (butter, syrup, peanut butter, chocolate chips, strawberries and bananas)! And had fruit salad also.


We had another table for the drinks and desserts.
We had Chocolate, Strawberry and 2% milk for the kiddos. And orange juice and water for the adults.We had birthday cupcakes this year, with cupcake toppers from, you guessed it, DimplePrints. :)We set up an air mattress and made it like a bed. The kids LOVED it. They jumped, played and wrestled. Hours of entertainment! :)We opened presents!
We ate cupcakes!


And just had THE BEST time!!!Happy 2nd Birthday Jackson!!! Your Mommy and Daddy love you VERY VERY VERY much. You are such a blessing to us!!!

10 comments:

Leslie said...

Fun party! And I have to say that your hair looks really great! Blonder, I think? Hot mama!

Erin said...

What a fun party idea...might have to steal someday!! (Agree with Leslie--the hair looks great!)

Missy said...

This is so, so, so CUTE!

Amanda Isaacs said...

Danielle! You are sooooo good at this! I mean look at all the details! Incredible! Looks like you guys had tons of fun!

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

what a fun party!!! Great job!!!

Dacia said...

What a great party idea! So many fun kid things.

piper. said...

this is the CUTEST idea! jackson is adorable and looks like everyone had a blast :)

Katie said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE this party idea! A lot of my friends have been asking me about party ideas lately so I might have to borrow some of your fabulous ideas! :) LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

How much pancake mix did you use for each favor? I'm planning on doing pancake mix for our teacher appreciation favors and I'm trying to determine how much to make? How many pancakes did your mix make? Thanks so much for your input. What an adorable party!

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Hi There! What an awesome party! I'm also wondering about your pancake favors... I'd like to do some pancake mix favors for my little guy's bday party as well but I'm looking for a recipe.... care to share your favor recipe?
Thanks,
Tina