Monday, August 30, 2010

Makeover Monday- The Laundry Room

I have been itching to paint my whole house. But my husband is not on board. Yet. So I figured, while he was gone for the weekend taking our junior highers to Camp Wow, I would have one of my favorite friends over for a girls weekend and we would start with one of the smallest rooms in my house, the laundry room. Maybe it would cure my itch to paint the whole house?! Well thanks to Amy and one of our students, Hannah, we got it all painted in one evening and had a whole bunch of fun too!!!! Craig helped me with a few things when he got back and finally, its complete. I love it!!! (And it didnt cure my itch... it maybe made it more intense to get my whole house more "us")
This was the laundry room before. The same builders beige (aka one step up from white) that is in EVERY ROOM OF THE HOUSE. And the brown cabinets, that I also dont love that are in every room of the house (ok the rooms that have built ins).Here is the laundry room after!! We painted the walls Bathe Blue from Sherwin Williams, and painted the cabinets white and put cute knobs on the cabinets also. Cute initial decorations over the dryer. This is the other side of the laundry room. We have that bookcase that holds alot of Craigs DVDs... since I dont like having DVD stands, etc in the living room. And then holds alot of our laundry soap, etc. So we painted the cabinet white and I found this super cute fabric on Etsy to cover the disorganization!Ok, so maybe I am not 100% done. I am going to hang a clip in the middle of the middle frame for us to put the outgoing mail. I made these key holders from frames that didnt sell in my garage sale. We (really me), are always misplacing our keys. No excuses anymore!!!I really wanted a chandelier in my laundry room. I am one of those people that really believes that a chandelier is just fine in any room! But if you have been following my blog, you know that we are trying to get out of our "sold our 2nd house for a bargain" debt... so I am trying to do everything as frugally as possible. I had been searching Craigslist for the perfect chandelier I could paint, and I never found anything small enough. But at my latest trip to the Rink, I found this perfect light fixture. It is NOT at all what I was picturing for the room. But I LOVE it.. it is so different and fun! It definitely helps finish the room!!

Overall, I am very pleased with how it turned out!!!

13 comments:

Megan said...

Looks great!

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! I Love every piece of it, it looks awesome! So fresh, you did great!

I need to talk to you about painting cabinets... sooner than later.

Alena said...

It turned out SO cute! Good job!!

Anonymous said...

You did a good job. I like all the changes. I sure hope you put a primer on the cabinets. Sometimes latex does not want to stay on previously stained wood.
Tell your husband hes is getting behind. Jerry helped me do three rooms this summer. He hates to paint but too hot to escape to the outside ha
Looks great.

KillerB said...

I love it!

Caroline said...

So cute! Our whole house is builder's beige too and I have always wanted to change it, but it's so overwhelming. I love the idea of starting with the smallest (and typically ugliest) room in the house! Your laundry room is actually bright and cheery, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the chandelier :)

The Bolding's said...

I love the transformation, you did a great job!!

mgoff said...

Dan, I am so impressed, I think I might hire you to come make-over some of my rooms!!! You are so crafty now and I am so jealous!

Marie said...

So, so cute! It looks great!!!

coco said...

danielle, so cute! thanks for posting the pics. you are so creative. you should be proud at how you feather your nest so well! :)

The Austins said...

Very impressive!!

Tracy said...

LOVE that!!!

Marisa said...

This is beautiful!! So YOU!! Now, I think I need to paint my laundry room...