Sunday, December 20, 2009

Cherished Times


My baby boy is turning 10 months old tomorrow. TEN! I can not even believe it. I know I say this all the time, but time seriously flies!!

December has been ridiculously crazy for us. This weekend we had Craig's staff Christmas party on Friday night, which was quite possibly the funniest time I have had in a really really long time. So funny, my face hurt. Craig laughed so hard he cried... 4 times. I am telling you, we are blessed to work with such fun people!

Saturday, my awesome parents came and helped us clean our house from floor to ceiling. Literally. We were all exhausted. And then we went to the college department Christmas party.

Today, we hosted an Open House at our home for the members of our church. All of the staff members opened their homes. We had over 100 people come visit. Which was wonderful. But exhausting.

All of that to say, my sleep at night is precious. I do look forward to it every night. Jackson does a great job of sleeping, but he still wakes up ready for a bottle around 5 am. Although, Craig and I would really love to be sleeping, we know that if we feed him, it will probably keep him sleeping till around 8.. which is awesome!

Craig and I take turns feeding Jackson at the morning feeding. And although, I think..."oh man, I wish I was still in my bed sleeping", it always turns out to be a time that blesses my heart. Like this morning, he just snuggles in as close as he can and drinks his bottle. And then when he is done, he looks at me and smiles.. and then "sings". We just sit there and snuggle for a little bit. And all I can think about it how blessed I am to be able to be Jackson's mom.

After I put him back to sleep, I end up falling asleep thanking Jesus for my baby boy. I cherish these times!

5 comments:

mckenziegordon said...

that Open House idea is REALLY cool! Chris & I like it. I always think next month things will slow down, but they never seem to. Such is life of the youth minister and his wife!

Laura said...

Danielle, Jackson is so cute!! I can tell you are an awesome mom. They do grow up so fast! I can't believe my youngest is 18 months. Wow!! Enjoy each and every moment. :)

Landon and Jen said...

Sweet post!

Emily said...

This is a very sweet post. And a darling pic of you and Jackson!

Caroline said...

Great pic! I here you on time... Sometimes I wish I could hit pause :)